General Foreman (PCK593-10449) Esterhazy, Canada
Who is Mosaic? The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member? We are currently seeking a Production General Foreman at our Esterhazy K2, SK location. The successful candidate will Direct and supervise the mill production processes to achieve targets. Ensure employee safety and compliance with all laws, regulations and policy.
What will you be working on?
- To lead an effective production supervisor group and workforce to achieve planned objectives. Develop goals and objectives with subordinates consistent with overall effectiveness and efficiency of operation. Achieve high performance by assuring direct reports understand their work and their roles; providing a clear picture for employees of how to grow and develop while motivating them to reach their maximum potential; giving timely and constructive feedback (e.g., recognition, and development guidance) on a regular and more formal basis.
- Ensure regulatory, corporate and site safety standards are followed through the implementation of safety and continuous improvement initiatives to achieve results in alignment with mission objectives. This includes workplace behavior observations, risk assessment, incident investigation and corrective action and cause mapping/ Root Cause Failure Analysis for system improvement with maintenance workflows, coordination, planning etc.
- Ensures production, quality and cost goals are met.
- Coordinate production and training activities to optimize resources and meet established objectives. Collaborate with production coordinator in order to provide timely response to planning directives.
- Continuously strive to improve efficiency and seek out best practices production methods.
What is required for this role?
- Engineering Degree OR minimum 10 years of mill production experience.
- MS Office, understanding of various process control computer systems.
- Experience in leading people, fosters teamwork and communicates outcomes, expectations and common goals across the work unit. Leverages employee knowledge to develop alternative solutions and shares key learning with others.
- Identifies new ideas and solutions, makes recommendations and creates implementation plans within own area
- Holds self-accountable to commitments while utilizing the appropriate resources to meet goals.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!