Construction Superintendent (PCK593-9980) Esterhazy, Canada
Who is Mosaic? The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member? We are currently seeking a Construction Superintendent at our Esterhazy, SK location. The successful candidate will be responsible for the safety of our employees and contractors throughout the planning, execution and close out of our construction projects. Additionally this Superintendent will assume responsibility for planning and directing the duties of the construction or in house crews to ensure efficient attainment of schedule and budget targets. This position will also be accountable for the long term development of employee and contractor safety procedures, production plans, budgetary forecasts, selection and development of an effective workforce and day to day training to ensure compliance with provincial regulatory requirements and company policies.
What will you be working on?
- Managing the safety and execution of projects to ensure schedule compliance; coordination of project work with Engineering Procurement Construction Management third party and contractors. Assisting with project management and planning of projects and change order requests.
- Executing construction activities while keeping spending within the operating budget and forecast schedule.
- Motivate construction resources to perform their job to the highest standards through leading by example. Coach and council subordinates and provide support and feedback in a timely manner. Ensure employees are qualified and have received all requisite training necessary to perform the work in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Identify indirect resource requirements to meet schedule demands. Ensure adequate resources and equipment are available to employees to safely perform their jobs. Ensure materials, drawings, reference materials and specifications are in place for crews to complete work effectively and in adherence to Original Equipment Manufacturers and or regulatory mandates.
- Ensure regulatory, corporate, site and environmental standards are being followed by conducting safety audits, risk assessments and housekeeping tours. Ensure rotating asset integrity programs to meet all Mosaic, Regulatory, and Code requirements.
Position Requirements:What is required for this role?
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years related experience or Mechanical/Electrical Journeyperson with a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- 5-10 years, project management and supervision experience.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office including Project/SAP/ Maximo.
- Good communication; demonstrated leadership abilities; trade or specialty courses related to construction activities.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!