Journeyperson Electrician (PCK593-10506) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic? The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member? We are currently seeking Journeyperson Electricians at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will inspect, repair and install, and wire all electrical apparatus, devices and circuits, of any voltage in the plant, mine or mill. This position will be on surface or underground and shifts include Day Shift (Monday-Thursday, 10 Hour Days) OR Rotational Shift (12 Hour Days and Nights).
What will you be working on?
- Receives wiring diagrams, specification and instruction covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation, and inspection work to be done.
- Analyzes all types of drawings and wiring diagrams to locate and install circuits and equipment to determine material or replacement needs and to select a logical approach to “trouble-shooting” and repair problems.
- Plans details of working procedure to effect the most logical approach to the job.
- Considers the proper isolation of circuits to cause a minimum of interference to operate.
- Determine necessary tools and materials.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical principal, wiring, specifications codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of equipment.
- Locates sources of trouble of any type of electrical equipment by tracing and testing circuits and inspecting for faulty operations.
- Dismantles, inspects, repairs, adjusts or replaces faulty parts and wiring on motors, generators, power distribution and control panels, circuit breakers, rectifiers, electronic devices, etc.
- Reassembles, tests, and adjusts equipment for safe and proper operation.
- Performs work on “hot” lines as required.
- Replaces coils, resistors, rheostats, relays, etc.
- Adjusts contractors, relays, bus rigging, etc.
- Reconnects terminal leads, panel boards, and distribution feeders.
- In emergencies, shunts out defective coils in order to get equipment back in operation.
- Changes DC motor characteristics by shunting series, coils, etc.
- Installs conduit, fittings, switches, controls and fixtures, and wires and connects types of electrical equipment as required for new installations or replacement of facilities.
- Makes all required splices and connector joints.
- The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What is required for this role?
- A valid Journeyperson's License in accordance with the Electrical Inspection and Licensing Act of the Province of Saskatchewan, Department of Labour, including a minimum of 12 month's experience in Electrical installation and maintenance in an industrial plant.
- A thorough working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and its applicable supplements.
- A complete understanding of acceptable safety procedures relating to work on site involving energized or deenergized electrical equipment.
- The ability to discern the state of mechanical condition of machines and equipment and take appropriate action.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!