Senior Project Engineer (PCK593-7715) Belle Plaine, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer at our Belle Plaine, SK location. The successful candidate will manage the most time sensitive and highest ranking projects in the department along with the other senior engineer position. The engineer will have at least one direct Mosaic project engineer report to provide mentorship in project management. Additional reports may be contract project managers or other Mosaic project managers. Tasks relating to this job include preliminary or detailed project scoping, scheduling, cost estimating, procurement, supervision, and construction management. The senior engineer will also support production and maintenance by working with the team to achieve the strategic priorities of Mosaic.
What will you be working on?
- Project Management – all phases of the project life cycle (scoping, engineering, planning and scheduling, construction management, project administration, commissioning, procurement).
- Technical design work.
- Mentorship to junior engineer(s) in technical design and project management.
- Coordination of contract project managers and preliminary project scoping prior to P-CR/CR approvals.
- Department development – project management process definition, project management and engineering design tool development.
- Site and company initiatives to support safety, production, expansion, and maintenance.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Engineering majoring in Mechanical, Civil, or Industrial Systems.
- Registered as P.Eng with APEGS.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Engineering Software, Maximo.
- The incumbent will display a positive attitude towards management, peers, and reports. They must exhibit strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build relationships with all level of employees. They must have proven leadership abilities as well as being capable of handling confidential material in a professional manner. Demonstrated project management and people leadership skills is an asset. Successful candidate will be well organized with strong attention to detail. Strong problem solving skills, ability to manage competing priorities, and self motivation is a requirement.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!