Potash Health, Safety, and Security Manager (PCK593-7347) Colonsay, Canada
Job ID:5944 Position Description:
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Potash Health, Safety, and Security Manager at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will Assist Business Unit HSS Director to lead, coach and develop the Potash Business Unit mine safety organization, and our Colonsay location, as it champions the Relentless Pursuit of an Injury free Workplace. Partner with General Managers, their leadership teams, and other key stakeholders in building a strong safety culture. The Manager is well versed in the critical components of safety management systems, as well as enablers of effective behavior based safety programs. The Manager has strong interpersonal skills, and can effectively mentor employees and contractors on safety concepts, processes, requirements, and procedures. The Manager will refine safety policies and procedures that support the safety management system based on feedback from incident investigations, audits, and business effectiveness.
What will you be working on?
- Lead and Direct health, safety, and security activities for Colonsay location including the necessary support of expansion activities. Ensure that cost effective systems are in place to comply with both legal requirements and internal expectations. Proactively identify and address safety issues / concerns. Communicate routinely with key stakeholders throughout the organization. Play a leading role in the development of a strong EH&S culture within the Potash Business Unit.
- Foster a mindset of operational excellence. Review audit findings, monitor leading and lagging indicators, routinely visit facilities to identify and detect positive and negative trends. Recognize safety performance excellence, and transparently address situations where performance fails to meet expectation. Champion good practice sharing, and leverage new ideas from outside the function / outside the company.
- Ensure that the mine health, safety, and security team meets its commitments, including key performance metrics and budgets. Make use of continuous improvement tools (i.e. 6-sigma, lean, data mining, etc.) and ensure that deliverables and activities are effectively embedded into the routine tasks of operating personnel.
- Build a strong organization by developing people and attracting top talent to the team. Assesses individual and organization needs and develop plans to address those needs. Cascade this philosophy through the organization. Work with HR and other stakeholders to remove barriers that impede progress towards this objective.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with senior Saskatchewan provincial officials relating to safety and health. Represent Mosaic with various boards, commissions, associations and community groups to maintain and develop professional relations and promote community good will.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor degree preferred, equivalent experience may be substituted for the degree.
- At least 10 years health and safety experience, with applied knowledge in the areas of industrial hygiene, emergency response, adult education, loss control, compliance auditing, contractor management and occupational health and safety.
- Demonstrated ability to manage health and safety programs across multiple sites.
- Strong working knowledge of health and safety best practices and legal requirements. Demonstrated ability to work with employees and contractors to identify, develop and implement the programs required to achieve Mosaic's safety objectives.
- Well established working relationships with senior provincial agency management.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, databases, etc.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Working knowledge of EHS Management Systems.
- Good business acumen.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the workforce and management.
- Must demonstrate ability to influence upward and coach downward; requires strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to work with teams across multiple sites.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups towards consensus.
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!