Mine Manager (PCK593-7924) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Mine Manager at our Colonsay, SK location. Reporting to the General Manager, the Mine Manager is accountable for employee safety and efficient administration of mine department production and mechanical maintenance (including shafts and hoists) to meet operational requirements for underground operations. Works with Director, Mining Services to identify and develop new technologies to enhance efficiency of the operation.
What will you be working on?
- Ensure employee safety through compliance with all safety and mine regulations, company policy and regulations.
- Co-ordinate and effectively administer mine department activities to achieve planned objectives and meet operational requirements.
- Ensure mine engineering personnel provide safe, efficient and cost effective solutions, based on sound engineering principles and procedures, to meet department requirements.
- Ensure mine maintenance personnel provide safe, efficient and cost effective maintenance services which support operational requirements.
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective operation of all mine equipment and installations, including hoists and shafts.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelors of Engineering preferred (Mine or Mechanical). P.Eng. preferred. Education and experience equivalencies will be considered.
- The incumbent will preferably have an engineering or related degree and a minimum of 8 to 10 years supervisory and administrative experience.
- Education and experience equivalencies will be considered. Accountable for overall direction of underground mining operations, short and long term, establishing the mining process to obtain maximum utilization of the ore body while optimizing both extraction and grade to attain operational and financial objectives.
- Major challenges are to ensure employee safety through increasing safety awareness and job skill training, to provide adequate ore supply to meet plan objectives while continuing to develop new areas of the mine and to ensure integrity of the underground workings through appropriate engineering and operating practices.
- MS Office, and general software.
- Must possess organizational and planning skills to effectively direct available resources to meet departmental objectives and deadlines established by others. Must be flexible to accommodate changes in job priorities.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!