Mining Area Operations General Foreman (PCK593-8056) Belle Plaine, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Mining Area Operations General Foreman at our Belle Plaine, SK location. The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring the mining area meets the monthly and annual production targets safely, efficiently, and consistently. The coordinator will supervise the shift supervisors and play a key role in driving maintenance workflow.
What will you be working on?
- Coach and mentor frontline supervisors and operators.
- Work closely with the process engineer(s) to optimize & continuously improve cavity development. Reviewing daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly operations activities to ensure we achieve safe production targets. Ensure to stay on track with the 5 year mining plan. Effectively coordinate & communicate all production activities to the appropriate stakeholders (work very closely with the workflow coordinator).
- Responsible for the direction & coordination of production work overs. Also responsible for approving & prioritizing all maintenance activities in the mining area while focusing on achieving production targets.
- Work with operations and maintenance to develop and implement process improvements or capital projects that increase production, safety, quality and environmental.
- Ensure regulatory, corporate and site safety and environmental standards are being followed by conducting safety audits, risk assessments and housekeeping tours. Challenges unsafe and/or environmentally harmful practices and seeks to create a safe training and work atmosphere and aid environmental awareness, protection and restoration. Demonstrates adherence to Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures. Attends local safety and safety leadership monthly meetings and all incident review meetings.
What is required for this role?
- Successful candidate must have a good understanding of solution mining as well as strong interpersonal skills. Specific competencies in supervision, scheduling, cavity development, mining production and equipment capacities are essential for the successful completion of the job.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and understand the interrelations within the mining area.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisor role with experience leading teams while working in operations and maintenance. Strong operational experience is preferred as operational involvement and buy in are foundational to the workflow process.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers. Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees .
- Experience with WellView, Maximo, Active Factory, Down Time Analyzer, Microsoft Office considered an asset.
- This position requires a combination of several leadership skills and styles to get results through others. Influential leadership and strong communication skills are a necessity. Organizational skills in a fast paced / high stress environment are required.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!