Mill Manager (PCK593-9984) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic? The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member? We are currently seeking a Mill Manager at our Colonsay, SK location. Reporting to the General Manager, the Mill Manager is accountable for employee safety and efficient administration of the mill department engineering, production and mechanical maintenance to meet operational requirements for surface operations at Colonsay. Provide long and short term planning and guidance with respect to operations, maintenance, support services, capital projects and department personnel. Establish budgets and operating plans for the Mill department to meet the goals and objectives of the Mosaic organization and ensure that all activities of the department are aligned to ensure these goals and objectives are achieved.
What will you be working on?
- Ensure employee safety through compliance with all safety regulations and company policy. Participate in daily, weekly and long range involvement and communication related to Environment, Health and Safety.
- Short and Long Range Planning and communication related to the effective management and operation of the Mill department.
- Supervise, develop, direct and coach subordinates (both hourly and salaried). Participate in recruitment and selection of staff employees.
- Continuous Improvement Program planning and involvement.
- Union Relations/Collective Bargaining.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Engineering with a Mechanical/Chemical or related discipline or combination of education and experience.
- Professional Engineer.
- Engineering Degree with 10+ years of direct technical, supervisory and/or management experience in an industrial environment. Knowledge and experience working with a unionized workforce is essential to this job. Education and experience equivalencies will be considered.
- MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook, Maximo/SAP, Kronos, Internet.
- This position provides leadership to the Mill department with approximately 180 staff and hourly employees. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required for this position to ensure all objectives are achieved while working with department staff and hourly employees. This position requires an intimate knowledge of the Saskatchewan OH&S Act and Regulations as well as a working knowledge of other Provincial and Federal regulations that are in effect for this operation.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!