Manager Health, Safety, Security (PCK593-9624) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic? The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member? We are currently seeking Manager, Health Safety and Security at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will Lead, coach and develop the Potash mine safety organization at our Colonsay location, as it champions the Relentless Pursuit of an Injury free Workplace. Partner with General Managers, their leadership teams, and other key stakeholders in building a strong safety culture. The Manager is well versed in the critical components safety management systems, as well as enablers of effective behavior based safety programs. The Manager has strong interpersonal skills, and can effectively mentor employees and contractors on safety concepts, processes, requirements, and procedures. The Safety Manager interacts with senior Provincial Safety and Health Administration officials, and provides strategic direction on managing the Agency relationship. The Manager will refine safety policies and procedures that support the safety management system based on feedback from incident investigations, audits, and business effectiveness.
What will you be working on?
- Lead and Direct health, safety, and security activities for Colonsay location including the necessary support of expansion activities. Ensure that cost effective systems are in place to comply with both legal requirements and internal expectations. Proactively identify and address safety issues / concerns. Communicate routinely with key stakeholders throughout the organization. Play a leading role in the development of a strong Environmental Health and safety culture within the Potash Business Unit.
- Foster a mindset of operational excellence. Review audit findings, monitor leading and lagging indicators, routinely visit facilities to identify and detect positive and negative trends. Recognize safety performance excellence, and transparently address situations where performance fails to meet expectation. Champion good practice sharing, and leverage new ideas from outside the function / outside the company.
- Ensure that the mine health, safety, and security team meets its commitments, including key performance metrics and budgets. Make use of continuous improvement tools (i.e. 6-sigma, lean, data mining, etc.) and ensure that deliverables and activities are effectively embedded into the routine tasks of operating personnel.
- Build a strong organization by developing people and attracting top talent to the team. Assesses individual and organization needs and develops plans to address those needs. Cascade this philosophy through the organization. Work with HR and other stakeholders to remove barriers that impede progress towards this objective.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with senior Saskatchewan provincial officials relating to safety and health.
- Represent Mosaic with various boards, commissions, associations and community groups to maintain and develop professional relations and promote community good will.
What is required for this role?
- Grade 12/GED.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with an emphasis on Safety or Engineering related.
- 10 years of health and safety experience, with applied knowledge in the areas of industrial hygiene, emergency response, adult education, loss control, compliance auditing, contractor management and occupational health and safety. Well established working relationships with senior provincial agency management.
- Safety Professional Certification preferred. If the successful candidate does not have a certification, it must be obtained within an agreed upon time of accepting the position.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, databases, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage health and safety programs across multiple sites.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety best practices and legal requirements. Demonstrated ability to work with employees and contractors to identify and implement the programs required to achieve Mosaic's safety objectives.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety Management Systems. Good business acumen. Ability to interface with all levels of the workforce and management. Must demonstrate ability to influence upward and coach downward; requires strong leadership qualities. Ability to work with teams across multiple sites. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Strong decision making skills. Demonstrated ability to lead groups towards consensus. Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!