Mine Construction Supervisor (Conveyor/Ground Control) (PCK593-7933) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Mine Construction Supervisor at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will be accountable for: the safe and effective direction of drill and blast operations, mine construction, installation and maintenance of conveyance systems, ventilation set ups, production support crew and rehab mining with Alpine and Drum Miners.
What will you be working on?
- Ensure employee safety through compliance with all safety and mine regulations.
- Develop and lead crew to achieve planned objective.
- Coordinate crew activities and maintenance to effectively utilize available resources.
- Ensure conveyer systems are set up and maintained to allow production to meet daily tonnages.
- Promote health and safety, team work, leadership and good supervisory - employee relations through example.
What is required for this role?
- Grade 12/GED
- OHS Regulations, Mine Regulations, Standard First Aid, Supervisory Ticket, Blasting ticket
- Minimum ten years underground experience
- Computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Solid understanding of underground processes and procedures
- Strong problem-solving, decision making, and analytical skills
- Must be able to conduct/review audits and inspections effectively
- Ground control and ground assessment is a substantial part of the role
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!