Software Project Manager (BBBH10119) Milton Keynes, England
Due to continued success as one of the country’s leading transport & logistics companies this is a new and exciting opportunity for a Software Project Manager to join a fantastic team based at the company's UK head office in Milton Keynes.
Work with a great software development team scoping out new potential developments and redevelopments of current legacy applications used by their employees. They are striving to digitally transform all areas of the company and require a strong, capable and structured software project manager to help achieve this. Developments are predominantly web and mobile applications using Microsoft technologies, supporting all areas of the business.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Liaise with IT Management to manage projects, including the formation and management of project teams (including 3rd parties and contractors where necessary), assembly and management of project budgets and overall project management to deliver systems solutions
- Provide weekly progress reports to the project board and other senior stakeholders
- Manage all other project communications and reporting
- Create and manage the implementation plan
- Manage and coordinate all activities by the business including finance, communications, key revenue making teams and IT teams as well as external suppliers/consultants
- Managing software development projects from conception through to delivery
- Facilitating the definition of the project scope, goals and deliverables
- Implementing best practices, techniques and tools for project planning and management
- To liaise with all project stakeholders on an on-going basis and be the key contact for all potential issues and obstacles that may arise on a project
- To analyse validity of potential projects and amalgamating projects where possible
- To anticipate, manage and resolve issues, risks and dependencies that may impact on the delivery of projects
- Must be articulate, able to document requirements, produce reports and minute meetings where required
- Create and maintain all project documentation according to PRINCE2
- Establish and manage the project’s procedures and controls
- Liaison with European Markets and Head Office (Sweden) – capturing feedback and future requirements.
- Prioritising and organising developments, briefing and managing both internal developers and external development partners (all aspects of the development process). Ensuring developments are successfully released into the live environment.
- Stakeholder management at all levels of the organisation (UK and Europe)
- Minimum undergraduate degree (Computing background preferable)
- Project Management qualification
- An appreciation for software development technologies mainly the Microsoft stack
- An appreciation for software design and UI
- Evidence of working with Agile project management methodologies
- Ability to work with staff and individuals from different areas of the organisation and at different levels of seniority
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- The ability to converse confidently with both technical and non-technical people
- Some European Travel
Experience / skills regarded as ideal but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a Global Leader in their sector with excellent growth opportunities.
If you feel this could be a great next step in your career apply now!!