QA Tester (BBBH10469) Milton Keynes, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum + Pension ETC|
Due to the continued success as one of the country’s leading transport & logistics companies, there's a new and exciting opportunity for a Software Project Manager to join a fantastic team based at the company's UK head office in Milton Keynes.
Working with a great software development team, you'll be scoping out new potential developments and redevelopments of current legacy applications used by employees across the business. They are striving to digitally transform all areas of the company and require a strong, capable and structured software project manager to help achieve this. Developments are predominantly web and mobile applications using Microsoft technologies, supporting all areas of the business.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Work with the business to understand and analyse requirements as a trusted advisor.
- Have a thorough understanding of test processes and be able to identify areas for process improvement.
- Build strong productive customer focused relationships with the business, IT teams and third parties.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artefacts like test data, data validation scripts, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Establish good testing practices and strategies.
- Establish the use of automated test technologies on projects wherever suitable.
- Produce high quality documentation and create end-to-end test plans; execute test plans and manage all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and the solution works as expected.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Working closely with the Development, Support and Project teams throughout the project life-cycle to ensure that the testing is aligned to requirements.
- Writing and reviewing technical test scripts and user acceptance testing scripts.
- Perform UAT with business users, capturing and reporting defects to the project to enable review, required remediation and re-test.
- Working with managers and staff within the business and across IT, as well as with external partners and vendors across a number of geographies (in order to deliver the projects).
- Experience in manual and automation testing
- Visual Studio, .NET, C#
- Testing tools such as JIRA, HP Quality Centre or equivalent
- Automation tools such as Selenium, applitools, testcomplete etc.
- ISTQB foundation (or equivalent) certification level would be a benefit
- Knowledge of the software lifecycle specifically those areas relating to test
- Experience with the Windows operating system and familiarity with PC hardware and architecture
- SQL Server experience
- Reporting services experience
- Experience with REST API
Bonus Points For:
If you feel this could be great a next step in your career please apply!!