Externship Coordinator (Pharm Tech Coor Detr) Detroit, Michigan
Kaplan Career Institute is dedicated to quality programs that integrate professional skills and career focus to empower students in developing and achieving both their personal and career potentials. If you believe in "building futures one success story at a time" then you will thrive here.
Our Detroit Campus is seeking to add a part-time (25-30 hours/week) Externship Coordinator for our Pharmacy Tech Program to our dynamic team. As an Externship Coordinator, you will use your skills to manage the student externships for the pharmacy tech program. We are looking for an outgoing and upbeat candidate with strong networking skills, a willingness to take on a challenge, and a great attitude to help develop and maintain strong relationships with organizations/employers that have externship opportunities for our students in our pharmacy tech program. This role requires someone that is willing and capable of traveling within the city of Detroit and within a 25 mile radius of the city on a daily basis as needed to perform in field site visits for externship students.
• Oversee the placement of students at worksites as they complete their training in our accredited program for Pharmacy Technician.
• Select externship sites that are adequate in the size and scope of their operation to meet externship needs, and conduct site visitations to evaluate site staff and the student’s training.
• Coordinate scheduling and student supervision once the student is on site, administrate attendance, evaluate new sites, and execute contracts.
• You will represent Kaplan Career Institute in providing professional develop and giving students the skills they need for success in their life.
• Manage all externship initiatives, and resolve student extern issues in a timely manner.
• Maintain adequate records to effectively document the various aspects of the position.
• Present Externship and Site Assignment orientation workshops.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
• Must have three years of related practical work experience as a Pharmacy Tech.
• Experience in career services preferred or employment background in any of the following: job placement at a vocational school, college, or university; staffing agency; recruiter; government sponsorship agency; or marketing/sales.
• Strong persuasion and networking skills.
• Must have exceptional organizational skills.
• Individual must possess strong oral and written communication proficiency.
• Position requires exceptional social interaction skills.
• Consistently display the highest levels of integrity.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, and work flexible schedule.
• Must be professional in all aspects of the position including appearance, demeanor, and attitude.
• Expertise in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Qualified candidates must have access to reliable transportation.