SQL Database Administrator (BBBH122982) Santa Ana, California
|Salary:||USD95000 - USD120000 per year|
**Immediate need for a talented SQL DBA**
This is a full time opportunity near Irvine
Our client, a leader in the financial services industry, is hiring for a Senior SQL Server DBA. The DBA will be responsible for providing production support for about 20 SQL Server boxes. The DBA will also be participating in the migration from SQL Server 2008 to 2012. Candidates must be self-managed, able to work in a high volume/fast paced environment and have excellent communication skills.
- Must have good communication skills to interface with all levels of business users and different departments
- Ideal for our client is a DBA that comes from a small environment where they have had experience with different responsibilities, rather than someone silo'ed
- Will be involved with some BI responsibilities (currently using Cognos but will be moving to Motivation from Motivity)
- DBA responsibilities (Support, Clusters, DR, SQL, Optimization, Clean up data, Support application team) along with Reporting - SSRS and SSIS is good to have
- SAN experience (competent)
- Current project is an 18 month build out, pushing to get more equipment, migration, needs to organize reports
Required skills are:
7-plus year of experience in SQL Server Administration and production support.
Experienced working in a SAN Environment for capacity planning and infrastructure support.
Clustering and mirroring experience.
Be able to create templates
**For immediate consideration, please send your resume in Word to Andrew Butler - Sr. Technical Recruiter - Irvine Technology Corp.**