Sr Associate, Benefits Project Specialist, Life Distribution (7679BR) New York, New York
The Senior Associate, Benefits Project Specialist, will report directly to the Corporate VP of Life Worksite Distribution & Promotion within New York Life’s Insurance Organization. The Benefits Project Specialist will be responsible for the initial design and implementation of a specialized worksite case approval and set-up resource for NY Life Agents. He/she will ultimately be responsible for the reinforcement of sales, approval of sales, set-up of new client groups and advising of client companies on the optimum enrollment and payment schedule. The Benefits Project Specialist will also play an important role in training clients in understanding and reconciling their first bill on all new voluntary benefit programs.
This role is located in the corporate headquarters in New York City
• Coordinate directly with Client Company Payroll Department for newly opened client groups, reinforcing sale when needed
• Specialist will define critical elements of the initial case set up; collaborate with the In-house product management, Payment Centers and policy services to create process incorporating each key element in the Client Voluntary Benefit Program Initiation
• Research and analyze new group trends based on industry, time to enrollment, average participation and initial 90 day persistency, and make recommendations to management on improvement opportunities
• Improve Case /Client Model by identifying the development and enhancement methods to consolidate steps, introduce new tools, or implement new technologies
• Monitor/Evaluate the ongoing operations and expansion of the Case Desk to ensure efficient and cost effective metrics are maintained and or changed based on the needs of the business.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work effectively with broad and diverse client base
• Excellent Customer Service /Relationship Management skills with a strong issue resolution skill set (such as the Acknowledge, Apologize and Amend model)
• Understanding of multiple types of payroll systems, methods, and processes a plus
• Excellent ability to build and organize processes
• Strong analytical skills
• Six Sigma Green or Yellow belt or PMP certification a plus
• Bachelors degree
• Expert level proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Project.
• Proficient in CRM tools such as ACT and/or Salesforce.com
• Proficient in PowerPoint
• Strong phone and written communication skills
• Must have strong follow through skills
• Basic understanding of the Insurance Organization businesses and the products sold within Life Insurance Industry a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt tone and style to audience. Mastery of grammar, punctuation, and spelling a must.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a broader leadership team
• Ability to influence a broad range of client employee levels
• Collaborative Team Player who has demonstrated ability to work well across organizations
• Strong organization skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to think outside the box - to find innovative and creative solutions to complex business problems and clearly explain and engage others so they can comprehend the solution, contribute to the development, and stand behind the final outcome
• Infrequent travel up to 15%