Corporate VP, Product Development, Insurance Life Products (7756BR) New York, New York
The Corporate VP, Product Development role will report directly to the VP and Actuary of Life Product Development within the Insurance Organization of NY Life. The CVP, Product Development role will be part of the team responsible for driving retail life product development. The position will focus on developing methods and strategies for improving the product development process with the goal of improving product time to market
This role has the flexibility to be located in the corporate headquarters of New York City or in Westchester, New York.
Primary Essential Accountabilities /Product Development:
• Build a business unit level project management function within Life Products.
• Plan, lead, and facilitate project implementation work related to the LIFE PRODUCTS business from beginning phases through implementation for assigned projects.
o Responsible for detailed project management of multiple, concurrent projects.
o Facilitate the definition of project scope, requirements, and milestones working with key partners (research, pricing, product compliance, legal, technology, product management).
o Create and manage project plans to support product development process from design through rollout
o Review work plans, delivery schedules, and statements of work.
o Pro-actively identifies improvement opportunities in the product development process and Facilitate development of enterprise-wide business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues.
o Conduct cost/benefit analysis and modeling as required.
• Communicate project status and risk metrics with key stakeholders, and provide updates to management.
• Communicate and coordinate timelines with key stakeholders involved with product development: product compliance, systems, actuarial, product management, agency, service, legal, accounting, IT.
• Work with product development team to identify and develop best practices, potential process improvements, and project road maps. Effectively communicate with key stakeholders.
• Lead process improvement projects.
• Serve as an account manager to the business units.
• Work with Life Products partners to drive key product initiatives and special projects. Work with other areas of the company, such as policy form filing, IT project management, actuarial, and any other area where a process improvement opportunity project is identified.
• Directly responsible for interacting with product managers, and other business units for assigned projects that effectively support the Life Product Division.
• Develop and maintain effective lines of communication among project team members, senior staff, and user groups.
• Five plus years of relevant experience in Product Management/Development or Project Management within Insurance /Finance Industry preferred
• Bachelors degree required
• Requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in Project Management or Product Management, as well as ability to work with spreadsheets and Project software.
• Basic understanding of the Insurance Organization businesses and the products sold within Life Insurance Industry.
• Ability to build reports with appropriate details for varying audiences
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a broader leadership team
• Collaborative Team Player who has demonstrated ability to work well across organizations
• Strong organization skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Communicates, persuades and negotiates with others, to build, communicate and adjust project schedules.
• Ability to lead teams in a results oriented manner