Sales Manager Agency Distribution (7303BR) New York, New York
The Internal Sales Manager (Director) for the Agency RS/IS Sales Desk will be responsible for ensuring the provision of optimal levels of Internal Wholesaling support to External Wholesalers of New York Life.
Work closely with the National Sales Manager of Internal Sales to ensure day to day issues are dealt with on a timely basis, and that communication is maintained at optimal levels.
• Manage a team of internal wholesalers to ensure that each internal wholesaler communicates effectively with External Wholesalers by reaching activity metrics on a daily basis.
• Evaluate the quality of internal wholesaling support provided by Internal Wholesalers by monitoring outbound calls on a regular basis and provide weekly coaching to enhance skills and territory management abilities.
• Assist in the management effort to ensure effective communication among wholesalers and internal wholesalers aimed at facilitating coordinated sales efforts and cohesive strategies.
• Work cohesively with sales management to make sure sales goals are achieved through ongoing guidance and support.
• Hire and train new, as well as existing internal wholesalers to ensure core competencies and continual professional growth. Retain and develop high quality staff who have the ability and desire to potentially become External Wholesalers.
• Support the development of sales skills among the Internal Wholesaling staff and ensure ongoing enhancement of their industry and product knowledge through weekly meetings and conferences.
• Work with the National Sales Manager on strategic initiatives.
• Facilitate a dynamic sales environment and maintain high levels of motivation among staff.
• Participate in weekly management calls with management.
• Minimum of five years of internal wholesaling experience preferred as well as five years management experience
• NASD Series 6,/7, 24/26, and 63 or 66
• Related undergraduate degree required
• Demonstrated abilities in coaching a sales organization and accomplishment of sales goals
• Extensive knowledge of financial markets and the securities traded in those markets, as well as, quickly assess market trends and identify educational opportunities for the team
• Solid organization, communication, and time management skills.
• Outstanding energy, focus, and drive to achieve results.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and sales skills.
• Ability to interact effectively and build strong partnerships at all levels of organization
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Solutions driven, ability to effectively execute under pressure within a fast-paced environment; extremely adaptable to ever changing business demands and expectations
• Demonstrated project management skills, including critical thinking and change management