Product Management Associate, Insurance Life Products (7681BR) New York, New York
The Product Management Associate will report directly to the Corporate Vice President of Product Centers of Life Products within Insurance Organization of NY Life. The Product Management Associate will be actively involved in every phase of the product life cycle, working across the entire organization and making contributions in a number disciplines to support sales growth and increased earnings.
• Serve as the point person for the team's ad hoc data inquiries for new and inforce policies and policyholder demographics. Create reports to address relevant business needs, or work with business partners to obtain the required information. Provide high level summaries of key findings.
• Develop and maintain database of all regularly recurring Whole Life Product Management responsibilities, such as vendor communications and product reviews to ensure regulatory compliance. Document ownership, activities, best practices, and timing. Develop and implement methodology to ensure all such responsibilities are completed as scheduled.
• Support the Employee's Whole Life product growth initiative by responding to inbound inquiries from NYL field and home office regarding the Voluntary Payroll Deduction (VPD) program rules, requirements, and exception requests. Develop and provide subject matter expertise on VPD to support strategic sales and persistency objectives.
• Lead the coordination, assembly and delivery of regularly occurring status reports; maintain all whole life product-related marketing and training collateral; and manage marketing and communications pieces through the compliance approval process, for the Whole Life Product Management team.
• Lead or support ad hoc product management-related projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 2-5 years working in Life insurance or Financial Services preferred
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team and to span organizational boundaries
• Detail-oriented with a strong sense of ownership for their work
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of whole life products a plus
• Experience working with a career agent distribution system a plus