Engineering Manager (Colas/ENGR) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Engineering Manager is the person responsible for the overall management of the project Engineering. He will manage all the technical aspects of the project(s). The Engineering Manager must ensure that all the technical aspects are covered throughout the design stages of the works and be responsible for the equipment sizing and for all the technical documentation produced on the project and all interfaces are considered throughout the design stages of the works.
He is in charge to manage all the Engineering team, to ensure the appropriate skills and behaviours are recruited to successfully perform the project(s). He will have to ensure that the appropriate procedures are in place to successfully perform the design task. He will have to lead and manage the Engineering activities, including planning, deliverables, compliance, coordination.
- To manage and develop the design team in order to cater with the project needs.
- To provide leadership and support to the engineering teams to ensure all work is carried out as per the project plans and requirements.
- To understanding the Contract and ensure the design obligations are clearly applied whilst working with partners and subsystems.
- Act as the focal point of contact with the contract team and Employer/PDP for all design related activities
- Coordinate the design activities within subsystems and third parties.
- Preparation of the design program as required under the contract, coordination of program development and submission
- Manage all resources efficiently including third parties to ensure all project timelines are met.
- Manage and mentor staff to establish an efficient and motivated workforce with emphasis on teamwork, quality and safety.
- Ensure SHE and Quality input is taken into consideration with all Engineering Design processes
- Support project safety initiatives
Includes but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for Requirement Management and Compliance demonstration.
- Ensure mandatory requirements are implemented in all design works undertaken
- Responsible for the quality of document produced by the engineering team
- Ensure that the design activity is performed within the allocated budget
- Ensure the planning of design submission is respected and tally with the project needs