QA/Release Manager (221) Pleasanton, California
The QA / Release manager will report directly to the DevOps Manager. He/she will have the responsibility of ensuring adherence to code quality, functional and nonfunctional requirements of created code as well as managing the release into production. The QA release manager will be responsible for creating the CI / CD environments as well as coaching relevant engineers through the creation of high quality test sets to accompany created code.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Reviewing product requirements and collaborating with development on feature design
- Assure automation of feature-level testing where appropriate
- Author and review test plans, and test cases to assure high quality delivery of product features
- Manage bug tracking , and drive issues to resolution with developers
- Drive bug scrubs to prioritize defects with development, representing the End-user to assure high quality product delivery
- Manage Server load and performance testing - Design and maintain development environments in support of development process (Dev, QA, SI, Staging, Prod)
- Creation of high quality code in a timely manner
- Creation of tools templates to deploy manage and monitor systems
- Creation of repeatable, scalable reference architectures
- Management of cloud based systems - Recruiting high quality technical resources for development teams - Participate in Cloud Services Strategy and GTM planning.
- Participate in the pre-sales process with services sales, Engagement Project Managers, and consulting architects to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to build client relationships, scope opportunities, and deliver effective solutions
- Review and approve project proposals (scope, level of effort estimates, and schedules) and SOWs prior to presentation to Nexus team and customer
- Maintain and project a solid understanding of all Nexus product lines and corporate messaging
- Provide support and guidance to consultants on technical, delivery, and operational issues and help them work through obstacles to their success
- Review customer deliverables prior to delivery to ensure quality of deliverables are consistent with PS best practices and address customer issues , provide recommendations and are aligned with account strategy
- Solicits thought leadership from the team and demonstrate steadfast and sound decision ability in addressing problems with business solutions Take a leadership role in building and managing a best in class cloud solutions - Establish a repeatable cadence in partnering with Nexus Product Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to feed back field input to the product development lifecycle.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 7+ years in related field.
- Continuous Integration toolsets - Jenkins and Associated Plugins
- Test toolsets including Cucumber
- Bug tracking toolsets
- Scripting platforms including Python / Perl
- Deployment toolsets - Puppet/Chef
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban - skill and career development of mentored engineers
- The person in this role must demonstrate the ability to appear to work on time, accept constructive criticism, maintain & develop positive team cohesiveness and understand & follow work rules and procedures.