Location: West Lothian, Scotland
The role of Process Engineer, you are responsible for defining and enhancing the processes required to ensure production of cost-effective and quality products. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm within the electronics industry, this could be the position for you.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure NPI issues are identified and action plans created and executed.
- Ensure the MRP system accurately reflects all critical Process / Production Engineering activities.
- Support the ordering of stencils / PCBAs for new products.
- Analyses changes in customer specs in order to flow them down to manufacturing.
- Interfaces with Technical support engineering, Quality engineering, Manufacturing leadership, and support teams to meet business unit goals.
- Supports standardisation initiatives across business units.
- Defines material sorting and grouping to match the process sequence and aid manufacturing.
- Ensure quoting and actual costs discrepancies are highlighted and addressed.
- Support quoting of assembly costings.
- Identify and create suitable work instructions in line with ISO 9001:2015.
- Configuration Control Management of all documents to match the process sequence (specifications, route cards, BOMs, data packs).
- Resolves problems related to the manufacturing process.
- Actively gets involved with Business Improvement team to improves process layout to optimise product flow.
- Configures workstation design, layout and tooling to optimise operator performance (5S).
- Must have demonstrable manufacturing experience within SMT and PCB
- Looking for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education & Experience
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Six Sigma and lean methodology experience would be advantageous.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Problem Solving, root cause analysis and corrective action
- Ability to assist with layouts and fixtures to aid manufacturing
- Ability to prioritise to meet departmental goals
- Ability to communicate, verbally and written, to internal and external customers when required
- Capable of managing large amounts of data and tasks
- Ability to build strategic working relationships at all levels of the organisation
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.