Rotating Equipment Specialist (JO012841) Doha, Qatar
Our client, world's largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a “Rotating Equipment Specialist” willing to work under the following conditions:
Terms & Condition:
Work Location: Doha, Qatar (NFPS Project)
Contract Duration: 48 Months (4 Years) Estimated End Date – June 01, 2022
Work Schedule: 5 days/Week, 08 hours/day & 22 Days/Months
Mob and Demob Ticket: Provided
Living Allowance : Allowance Provided
Transportation: To be managed by candidate
Responsible for technical evaluation of EPC Tenders and subsequent Company stewardship of high quality and complete machinery engineering deliverables from the selected EPC Contractor. Ensures that the Project’s requirements for all machinery engineering deliverables are included in the technical tender for EPC and are subsequently fully executed by the Contractor per project schedule. Stewards machinery engineering and design aspects of the Project with other discipline leads on the PMT, as necessary.
Key Result Areas:
- Provide Company stewardship of the review and evaluation of EPC technical tender as related to machinery engineering and other packaged equipment.
- Provide Company stewardship of the Contractor’s activities with respect to machinery engineering and packaged equipment.
- Measurement and reporting of progress
- Procurement as needed of machinery-related tagged items and packaged equipment including preparation of specifications, bid evaluations, bid tabulations, bid recommendations, etc.
- Comply with design methods and safety factors and margins to be used in the design project. Reviews machinery and packaged equipment design for correctness, compliance, and operability for assigned area
- Review, evaluate and advise on machinery analysis (e.g. rotordynamics), fabrication, testing, and commissioning in compliance with design methods, safety factors. Reviews design for correctness, compliance and operability, maintainability and reliability of all machinery and packagd equipment scope.
- Interface machinery matters with Brownfield execution planning specialist where modifying brownfield designs.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Provides technical expertise during technical and commercial tendering of EPC, including response to clarifications and development of bulletins (as required), and overall technical evaluation of EPC Tenderers.
- Provides technical expertise in the development of internal systems, processes, and/or procedures to enable efficient and effective mobilization of Project Management Team (PMT) for EPC.
- Effectively steward the quality and delivery (both sequence and progress) of machinery related and packaged equipment deliverables while providing oversight of the Contractor for both Greenfield and Brownfield scopes of supply.
- Coordinates and drives the timely review of all Contractor machinery-related and packaged equipment deliverables.
- Reviews Contractor machinery-related and packaged equipment deliverables and is responsible for providing and coordinating Company comments for the machinery discipline with focus on:
- Applicable codes and standards, specifications, and drawings
- Compliance with design methods and safety factors to be used in design of project
- Systems and design for correctness, compliance, and operability
- Operability of the unit or plant for start-up, normal, turndown, shutdown, and abnormal conditions
- Technical bid tabulations for Machinery-related and packaged equipment supply
- Equipment manufacturing tests and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) protocols and procedures.
- Ensures that machinery, packaged equipment, and systems are engineered, designed and integrated to the overall topsides design consistent with project and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively collaborates and interfaces with key stakeholders.
- Transitions to Systems Completion in capacity of SC Machinery Specialist to ensure effective, installation, integration, testing, commissioning, and startup of machinery and packaged equipment.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years of experience in discipline with at least 10 years demonstrated senior machinery experience in major capital projects
- Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Machinery engineering principles, theories, and concepts
- Applicable codes, standards, and trade practices
- Machinery Design / Analysis / Optimization / Operation
- Machinery Control Support, Architecture and Integration
- Safety in Design / Execution / Operation
- Experience with EPC Tendering and EPC Contractors, subcontractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds