Wireline Field Engineer Junior (16258) Woodward, Oklahoma
One of the largest oilfield services companies,our Client operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
As a Junior Engineer candidate, train in operational procedures and in the operation of wireline equipment/tools in order to ensure quality, cost effective service is provided to each customer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
• Trains on-the-job with assigned Engineer who is responsible for his/her guidance and progression.
• Loads, unloads, dismantles and cleans equipment/tools as required.
• Observes all operational procedures.
• Reviews and studies all video tapes published by the Company Training Program.
• Attends all Company training sessions during basic training period.
• Reviews manuals and other training materials preparatory to passing Engineer break-out exam.
• Perform other duties and special assignments as assigned.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL
• Performs all duties in a safe manner.
• Complies with Company safety policies and procedures.
• Complies with Customer safety policies and procedures.
• Complies with federal, state and local safety regulations and procedures.
• Operates Company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all Company and governmental regulations.
Attains and applies comprehensive knowledge of safety regulations and procedures. Corrects obvious hazards or unsafe conditions and reports those which cannot be immediately corrected to Engineer or District Manager.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Engineering or related degree with no experience required or equivalent oil field/engineer experience.
• Mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
• Principles of electricity.
• Understanding of fundamental physics.
GOVERNMENTAL REGULATIONS THAT MONITOR OPERATION
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have never been convicted of a felony.
• Possess a valid driver's license of the appropriate type for the required vehicle.
• Must have not been cited for three (3) moving vehicle violations in the past 12 months.
Take direction from District Manager and Engineer. Represent Company on location to customer in a positive manner. Be attentive to customer's needs and requirements. Focus on customer service, pride, professionalism and getting the job done right the first time.
A Junior Engineer acts under the direction of the Engineer and is responsible for providing the customer quality service in a safe and cost effective manner. Failure to acknowledge and respond to customers' requirements will result in loss of business, loss of profits, and ultimately loss of jobs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Subject to "on call" hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
• Long work hours.
• May be required to work offshore or out of town for extended periods.
• Outdoor environment subject to temperature and weather change.
• Exposure to explosives, high pressure well bore environments and ionizing radiation.