Senior Accountant (24054) Houston, Texas
Leadership role in the implementation and on-going support of PeopleSoft Enterprise One software, customizations of the system, and custom-developed business software applications specific to Fixed Assets. Render expert-level functional and technical analysis and application support services in Weatherford’s multi-company, multi-national environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confer with personnel of organization units to analyze user requirements, procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements specific to Fixed Assets, Patents, and Trademarks, such as depreciation/amortization schedules, asset maintenance processes.
- Complete cycle of monthly fixed asset process, analyze CIP accounts and complete conversion to fixed asset, monitor AFE spend on a weekly basis
- Review PPE roll forward and check CIP CapBU's, complete PPE supplemental schedules in Consolidating System
- Monitor, review and approve work of outsourcing activities
- Review Cap Ex Report, Perform Balance Sheet flux related to fixed asset activities, Calculate and record capitalized interest
- Work with legal department on improving process on recording intangibles
- Potentially some overtime hours may be required depending on project deadlines and overall business requirements.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be required within the physical constraints of this position.