Senior Software Eng - DB Architect/Technical Lead (23468) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Our Client operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
This position of Sr. Software Engineer - Database Architect/ Technical Lead, will serve as a high level technical resource by applying a broad understanding of theories, principles of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to create software solutions. Will make a significant technical impact throughout the entire software development life cycle by creating design artifacts and documentation using software engineering conventions to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers. Participate in the development of software user manuals, training material, planning and coordination of projects and work with software test teams to design and develop testing strategies. Analyze requirements and architecture to perform design and implementation of software applications. Resolve customer complaints and assist in training less experienced software staff. Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the manager within the physical constraints of the job.
- Design, build and maintain database architecture for engineering software products.
- Contribute to the creation of system and product architecture, design, and interface definitions.
- Participate in change control decisions of products.
- Perform requirements analysis and decomposition to assist with defining product requirements and product conceptualization.
- Identify and assist in the management of intellectual property, third-party software, re-use, and compliance.
- Provide technical leadership and act as a technical consultant to Product Line Management, Support, Deployment, and Testing organizations, as well as to other development teams.
- Contribute significantly to product roadmaps, estimation, planning, identification of risks and issues, and development status.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers to translate needs into requirements, to explain and resolve technical issues, and to present technical solutions.
- Define strategies, guidelines, and goals for integration of components, product testing, and acceptance testing.
- Responsible for providing technical oversight for the successful implementation and test of product features.
- Resolve complex product and system issues.
- Actively engage in process improvements and execution of established processes.
- Coaches and mentors peers and junior engineers.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 6-10 years related experience.
Masters degree in Computer Science
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of logical and physical data modeling.
- Database design and implementation.
- Strong diagnostic skills to track, trouble-shoot, prioritize and solve issues.
- Ability to develop and implement data strategies and policies.
- Understanding of software engineering design principles and analysis algorithms with the ability to translate design and analysis into code; as well as, translate requirements into solid design and implementation.
- Excellent problem solving, technical and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to foster and work within a teamwork environment.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Entity-relationship modeling, Windows OS, C#, .NET