Buyer (26901) Houston, Texas
Purchase drilling rig products and accessorials, analyze requisition requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review purchase order requisitions for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare and issue purchase orders
- Issue request for quotes to approved suppliers
- Negotiate best value and monitor order progress
- Actively communicate with internal and external contacts
- Drive improvements in on-time delivery and responsiveness to customer demands
- Assist Accounts Payables in the resolution of problems associated with invoices.
- Work closely with the onsite team and other regional buying teams to identify standardization / efficiency opportunities and share best practices.
- Balance delivery of day to day activities with proactive identification and resolution of problems / opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned with highest standard of business ethics while conforming to Weatherford Quality and Procurement Policy, as well as other applicable policies and procedures.
- Understanding of local vendor base and product knowledge
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems – Preference to SAP
- 1-2 years of purchasing experience with preference given to an oil & gas industry background.
- Understanding of overall purchasing process
- Ability to manage a high transaction load and complete requirements on-time