General Ledger Accountant (22472) Houston, Texas
- Review and approval of monthly reconciliations for all Balance Sheet accounts processed by out sourcing company as well as processed internally including analysing for accuracy, noting and coordinating resolution of any issues and communicating any significant issues with management.
- Verification of overall accuracy of balance sheet accounts for monthly and quarter end close. This includes coordinating with other personnel in order to ensure that proper documentation and explanations have been provided for balance sheet accounts/fluctuations.
- Ensure that any significant reconciling issues of which you are aware are adjusted in time for month end close in JDE.
- Review and approve for accuracy month end journal entries processed by out sourcing company as well as internally.
- Determine and coordinate any miscellaneous journal entries that need to be processed to correct financial statements.
- Coordinate monthly processes in JDE such as the running of allocations, or any other reports needed such as Showcase, & GL Inquiry.
- Provide guidance and training for out sourcing staff in monthly processes and advice on any changes or adjustments needed.
- Provide support and guidance for other accounting staff members.
- Review, explain and support Monthly/Quarterly Balance Sheet fluctuations and year to date balances timely as required by management.
- Address field or corporate related issues/questions as need arises.
- Work on improvement of reconciliations templates
- Work on update of process documentation
- Perform or coordinate special projects or other department needs that may arise.
- Perform any other duties required by management and business needs. Responsible to aid in with any other needs or requirements of the department or management.