Lead Software Engineer (1938621) Boston, Massachusetts
This is a Lead Software Engineering position with the innovative and fast paced Health System Solutions (HSS) Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Centricity Business engineering team centered in Boston, MA. Our team uses Agile methodologies to provide world class Revenue Cycle Management products to our customers. You will work closely with other engineering teams to produce an integrated and innovative solution to meet our Healthcare customers’ rapidly changing needs
The Lead Software Engineer has responsibilities extending to customer facing and the development of systems software. The candidate will have responsibilities with our Financial Risk Management (Managed Care), Ambulatory and Hospital Patient Accounting products.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
• Work with product management, sales, service & customers on requirement needs
• Design and build software solutions as part of an Agile development team
• Review designs and implementations with team and customer for acceptance early in the development process
• Design, implement, and maintain software products; Financial Risks Management (formerly Managed Care, MCA) and/or Ambulatory Patient Accounting (BAR).
• Collaborate on software, designs and knowledge transfer with other talented developers across globally distributed teams
• Design and implement highly available, scalable and reliable software solutions
• Use Test/Behavior Driven Design (TDD/BDD) and automated unit testing to ensure robustness and high quality
• Occasional travel may be required (<10%)
Quality Specific Goals
• Aware of and comply with the Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
• Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related major.
• 5+ years of experience in Software development
• 3+ years of experience with InterSystems Cache Technology
U.S. (Country) Specific Qualifications
1. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time
2. Must be willing to work in our Boston facility full-time (no relocation assistance provided)
3. Must be 18 years of age or older
4. Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
5. Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
The client will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience with Healthcare systems
• Experience with Agile development
• Experience with Hospital & Ambulatory Patient Accounting (Revenue Cycle Management)
• Experience with Centricity Business (CB)
• Experience with CB Managed Care (MCA) and/or Ambulatory Patient Accounting (BAR).
• Experience with InterSystems Ensemble, Cache Objects, and Cache SQL