Software Analyst Research & Development (23858) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Our client operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
You will be responsible for establishing the User Experience discipline within the company and establishing a technical vision and direction for with regard end user applications. You will collaborate with the designers and developers of our products to ensure consistency. You will have ongoing responsibility of what UI technical frameworks and practices we use, how we build the front-end of our web applications, and ultimately how our customer experience behaves and presents itself and behaves as browsers evolve and new platforms surface.
- Perform hands-on software development tasks such as prototyping, and proof-of-concepts for the purpose of user testing and validating design against business objectives
- Guide implementation decisions across front-end teams, drive consensus amongst designers and front-end developers
- Evaluate emerging technologies to best meet our user experience and technology goals for product and marketing/communications
- Collaborate with product teams and engineering leads to improve development practices
- Collaborate with product managers, development managers, design team, and program manager to promote front end improvements on product roadmaps
Specific Requirements (Technical Knowledge, Software, Etc.)
- Strong visual design sensibilities related to typography, layout, and responsive design patterns
- Hands on experience UI evaluation and optimization. Experience of UI testing and evaluation to establish usability metrics a plus
- Obsession for detail and passion for subject matter.
- Experience tinkering with new technologies, extending boundaries and establishing new norms
- Passionate about agile processes
- Ingenuity, Resourcefulness
- Verbal skills, Written skills, Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills, Team player attitude, Problem solving
- 7+ years’ experience as front-end developer with in-depth knowledge of Web and WinForms interfaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Graphic/Visual Design or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.