Technical Project Manager (13-29) Norwich, New York
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager who will join the family in Norwich, NY with the option to work remotely (travel to NY required). You will be a key player in a fast paced environment where a "can do attitude" and "thinking out of the box" is the Client's way.
Now is the time to join where you have the chance to start on the "ground floor", plan and execute new processes and systems. Experience firsthand the reward of seeing your talents add to the success of our client and the IT Department! We are proud that we won the Microsoft Dynamics Customer Excellence Award in Manufacturing.
In this exciting role your primary responsibilities will be to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
This individual will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Some projects are so top secret (proprietary) that we can't even list them here but should peak your interest, right?
The work environment is fast-paced and dynamic with a growing and collaborative team that likes to "Work Hard and Play Hard!" Does this sound like you?
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate hires when needed.Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Information Technology.
- PMP Certification preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 8+ years' direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing multiple projects.
- Minimum of 3+ years' of experience with Microsoft Enterprise products.
- Strong working Knowledge of how all major Microsoft products integrate with each other.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project 2010.
- Competent and proficient understanding of Microsoft's Application Architecture and design.
- Strong understanding of the System development life cycle and the importance of managing application code change controls.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team.
- Technically competent with internet technologies and client/ server distributed systems.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE