Software System Design Engineer (30119097) Farmington Hills, Michigan
Our Client manufactures and markets automotive OE and aftermarket products, industrial automation and mobile products, power tools and accessories, security technology and packaging equipment.
The Client is a fast-growing company and is looking to strengthen it team of developers. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging tasks in a young, dynamic team. You will be assigned to projects focusing on, for example exclusive sports cars, commercial vehicles or vehicles in the areas of Powersportsand Aviation. As a leading supplier in the automotive industry, they has made its Farmington Hills and Plymouth Michigan facilities the headquarters for its North American automotive businesses. These facilities house more than 1,700 associates who are dedicated to improving relationships with our customers and furthering the client's technologies.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Major Job Duties Include
* definition and/or clarification of software requirements with the customer.
* analysis of requirements and creation of functional specifications.
* initial definition of the base software package for the required overall functionality.
* support project management with effort estimations for requested software changes.
* tracking of all requirement changes throughout the project.
* coordination of the development team in order to implement all required software functions on time, on budget and according to quality standards.
* support initial software commissioning in the lab as well as in the vehicle.
* support regular customer meetings and regular reporting.
* occasional trips for SW validation may be necessary.
Your competencies and minimum qualifications
*Bachelor of Science Electrical, Control Systems or equivalent.
* Experience with methods and tools for control system and software development.
* Familiar with C and/or C++.
* 3 years of overall work experience.
* Experience with planning, conducting, evaluation & documentation of test results.
* Fast learner of technology with ever-changing hardware, software and development tools.
* Ability to professionally represent the client at customer.
* Team oriented working style.
* Working experience with combustion engine systems and controls.
* Preferred: familiar with CANalyzer,INCA, ASCET, Matlab/Simulink.