Senior Engineer ~ Automotive Electronics (US53575417) Plymouth, Michigan
Our Client is a leading global supplier of technology and services. In the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology, some 285,000 associates in roughly 50 countries generated sales of roughly $63 billion in fiscal year 2010. The client in North America supplies automotive original equipment and aftermarket products, industrial drives and control technology, power tools, security and packaging technology, thermotechnology, household appliances, solar energy, healthcare and software innovations.
This position is for a Sr Engineer ~ Automotive Electronics out of our facility in Plymouth, MI.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineer with 6 – 10 years experience to join, as one of the largest North American automotive suppliers, to vehicle manufacturers worldwide. You will be serving as the primary technical customer interface, with a Global OEM.
· Serve as primary technical customer interface with Ford.
· Customer Relations - understand, manage and achieve customer expectations (between customer and development team).
· Translate customer needs/expectations into action items/decisions that appropriately balance organizational objectives.
· Support new business acquisitions (i.e., RFQ’s) and change requests.
· Lead the product development team (Hardware, Software, Systems, Test, Mechanical Engineering) to achieve quality, timing and cost commitments.
· Manage Engineering deliverables utilizing the product development processes and standards.
· Bachelor degree in Engineering with an Electrical/Electronics concentration.
· 6+ years of automotive electronics engineering experience through the entire product life cycle.
· Solid understanding of real-time embedded micro controller based products.
· Masters degree with concentration in Electrical/Electronics.
· Previous experience working with Global OEM’s, preferably Ford.
· Understanding/knowledge of ECU (Electronic Control Unit) manufacturing.
· Cross-functional experience (i.e., hardware, software, systems or application/resident engineering).