Systems Administrator IV (22748) Houston, Texas
Focus on installing and maintaining server , storage and /or database environments. Responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, maintenance, backup and availability of servers and storage systems in all Weatherford’s Data Centers. Provisioning includes working with the Technical Architects to craft solutions that meet the vendor’s requirements for operating systems, hardware, Databases and related systems, like network, storage and security that are essential to the proper functioning of these systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position will be responsible for properly administering and configuring MS Active Directory in a global environment including contributing to policies and procedures for architecture, design and implementation.
- Planning and executing operating system and application patches facilitate testing of operating system, application and hardware patches as recommended by the software vendors in consultation with the application owners.
- This position is responsible for assuring that backups are performed on a timely manner and that periodic tests are done to assure backups are successful. This will include all components of AD systems.
- Familiarity with Windows Server operating systems and Unix (Linux) operating systems and best practices for managing these operating systems in a global environment is essential for System Administrators focusing on systems. They will manage, report on and contribute suggestions to improve these systems.
- The person in this role should also be familiar with local area network configuration and have the ability to diagnose basic networking issues like setting DHCP scope, LAN connectivity and other basic networking tasks.
- This person will install and configure both Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications to run on the Windows OS.
- This position will be responsible for complying with and enforcing all policies and procedures established for this department. Further, this position will be responsible for continuous improvement of policies and procedures that govern the department.
- This person will be responsible for performing all duties in a safe and secure environment and for reporting any unsafe situations to management immediately.