Machine Vision Intern (ENG-13-00011) Newark, California
The Machine Vision (MV) Intern, under the direction of a Research Scientist, will assist with the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of experiments that assess the image quality (or other characteristics) of our Computed Tomography (CT) Explosives Detection Systems (EDS). With mentorship and guidance, the MV Intern will perform tasks including:
- Design experiments to measure system properties and to assess image quality
- Execute experiments and gather data on EDS scanners
- Use MV tools to analyze data
- Present results to experts in the field of explosive detection
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor degree program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related field and have finished at least 2 years of the program.
- Overall and Major GPA must be 3.0 (B average) or higher.
- Must have proficiency in basic statistical calculations (mean, standard deviation, etc.).
- Must have 1 year experience with simple programming or scripting.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Newark, CA.
For U.S. employment opportunities, Our Client hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylumees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Our Client will require proof of work authorization. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Software testing experience
- C++ programming
- Exposure to Unix/Linux development
- CT or other Imaging Physics
- Highly organized, innovative and creative
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Matlab or another high-level analysis language highly desirable.
- Image processing experience strongly desirable.
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Eligible to apply for US Security Clearance (note: no clearance will be required for this position, but eligibility is desirable)