Software Engineer / Sr Software Engineer (US54393524) Farmington Hills, Michigan
Our client is a leading global supplier of technology and services. In the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology, some 285,000 associates in roughly 50 countries generated sales of roughly $63 billion in fiscal year 2010. The client in North America supplies automotive original equipment and aftermarket products, industrial drives and control technology, power tools, security and packaging technology, thermotechnology, household appliances, solar energy, healthcare and software innovations.
This position is for a Software Engineer / Sr Software Engineer out of our facility in Farmington Hills, MI.
Work with us as the world leader in state-of-the-art engine control systems to develop hardware, software and calibrations for Diesel and Gasoline engine controls, including direct injection fuel systems, hybrid and alternative fuel technologies. Our dynamic engineering team is hard at work with major duties including:
• Work with major automotive OEM’s in developing embedded software functionality for engine controllers.
• Member of the global development team working on the latest generation multi-core microprocessors and AUTOSAR standards.
• Test and validate new software features in the vehicle, on an engine dynamometer or on the test bench.
• Perform rapid-prototyping to support functional requirement development.
• Deep dive analysis improving hardware, software interfaces.
• Develop automated test software for software testing.
• Participate in program review meetings, interface studies, design reviews, etc.
• Support customer test trips in hot, cold and high altitude environments.
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Math or Physics.
• 3 years of industry experience that includes experience with embedded software (C, C++, XML, etc).
• Experience with software development and debugging tools (Matlab, Simulink, Lauterbach, etc.).
• Proactive approach with strong interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on team work.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Prefer automotive experience.