CNC Programmer III (22303) Houston, Texas
- Read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, set procedures, control settings and machining methods and sequences.
- Program Mazatrol lathes and mills using Mazak software
- Calculate and set machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors, such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Prepares geometric layouts using computer software.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide set-up and operation of machine.
- Writes program of machine instructions.
- Observes operation of machine on trial run to prove taped or programmed instructions.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvature, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine part.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.