Senior Quality Engineer (US54466816) Farmington Hills, Michigan
Our client is a leading global supplier of technology and services. In the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology, some 285,000 associates in roughly 50 countries generated sales of roughly $63 billion in fiscal year 2010. The Client in North America supplies automotive original equipment and aftermarket products, industrial drives and control technology, power tools, security and packaging technology, thermotechnology, household appliances, solar energy, healthcare and software innovations.
This position is for a Senior Quality Engineer out of our facility in Farmington Hills, MI.
• Sr. Lead Customer Quality Engineer for the Gasoline Systems NA Fuel System delivery modules, that are manufactured at various global locations.
• Provide support for vehicle plants to facilitate fast response to any Quality issues affecting the customer.
• The primary functions are identification, communication, tracking and resolution of customer quality issues, both 0-mile and field.
• Assist customer in trouble shooting line failures and field returns.
• Perform failure analysis and report results to the manufacturing plant and to the customer.
• Managing 8Ds and coordinating with plant Quality Engineers as well as the OE customers, internal and external departments.
• Travel to customer sites and company facilities are involved.
• Extensive utilization of database, spreadsheet and word processing programs is necessary.
· Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
· 5+ years of automotive experience.
· Automotive experience with common design/quality systems (8D, FMEA, etc).
· A service oriented person with strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary as well as good customer relation skills.
· Solid knowledge of fuel delivery modules (fuel pumps, fuel level senders, and fuel pressure sensors).