Inbound Analyst, Life Products Competition Analyst Team (7884BR) New York, New York
The Senior Associate, Life Competition Analyst, will report directly to the Corporate VP of Life Competition Team Leader within New York Life’s Insurance Organization. The Life Competition Analyst will have dialogue via phone discussions/email correspondence to Agent /Field Management on providing information to have a competitive edge to our NYL Life Products (whole/universal etc) against our competition. This role is located in the corporate headquarters in New York City.
Primary Essential Accountabilities /Senior Associate: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Handling inbound inquiries from the Field, Life Product Consultants and Internal Life Product Consultants
- Provide individualized assistance to our career agency field force via a dedicated toll-free phone line
- Research and produce a variety of support documentation to assist agents in competitive sales situations
- Evaluate the competitive position of New York Life and its life products. Develop materials to communicate industry and competitive issues.
- Conduct analysis of competitors' life insurance products. Disseminate appropriate information to home office and distribution / sales personnel.
- Support New York Life’s internal departments and our career agency field force by researching and analyzing competitors’ life insurance products including their strengths and weaknesses as compared to New York Life
- Stay abreast of industry news and regulation affecting the life insurance industry and monitor marketplace trends
- To track and provide weekly and monthly reports on case work,
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required by management.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; some presentation experience
- Ability to interact with various departments within New York Life, with people at various levels in the organization and the Field in particular agents
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access Self-motivated individual with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously Ability to create Pivot Tables and Analysis on Agent usage
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of team
- Knowledge of individual life insurance products
- Understanding of career agency field operations and the life insurance sales process
- Basic quantitative skills, including statistical support