Financial Analyst (Palo Alto) (BBBH6622) Palo Alto, California
|Salary:||USD33 - USD36 per hour|
Our client, the interactive division of a children’s branded entertainment group, seeks a Financial Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the mobile gaming business.
This is a 3 month contract (possible temp-to-perm) with a pay rate of $33 – 36/hour DOE
- Work with Finance Manager, regional finance and accounting teams to implement and maintain streamlined forecasting consolidation process for worldwide mobile gaming business, according to an annual forecast submissions calendar.
- Work with Finance Manager to develop, maintain and update complex top-down and bottom-up financial models for the whole business, each development studio and each game being developed.
- Work with accounting, business intelligence, and other stakeholders to produce and analyze region-, studio-, and title-level P&Ls, presentation decks, and dashboard reports.
- Provide studio-level support by independently working with producers, business intelligence, marketing and monetization groups to integrate and revise cost and revenue drivers into the studios' and game financials
- Provide presentation support for daily, monthly and quarterly forecasts and business reviews
- Perform ad hoc analysis for current business and new opportunities. Prepare excel models and mini business cases to support and evaluate games in any stage of game development.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in a finance role.
- Excellent Excel modeling skills.
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles and forecasting processes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and conduct product, company and industry analysis.
- Self-motivated with a desire to excel in demanding, entrepreneurial environment.
- Mobile or Social Gaming industry experience, a plus.
- Experience with financial systems (SAP, Cognos, TM1, Hyperion, Essbase, Salesforce), or typical financial databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server), a plus
- Prior strategic consulting, banking, or Corporate FP&A role (e.g.: budgeting, forecasting, long range planning, month end and quarter-end activities), a plus.
- Advanced Excel knowledge, a plus: e.g. VBA Programming, Macro Editing/Recording, PowerPivot, Regression and Statistical Packages, text file feed analysis, SQL and ODBC.
- Interest in video games, mobile applications and/or consumer technology industry, and familiarity with the different mobile platforms (Apple, Google, Amazon) and sources of revenue, a plus.