Senior Software Engineer (43398) Atlanta, Georgia
Analyzes, designs, and delivers integrated Cox Business applications & solutions in accordance to approved strategy/roadmap driving improved sales force automation, customer relationship management, and order management to increase revenues at a reduced operational cost.
1. The objectives of this role include (I) execution of a Company Cox Business application strategy; (II) manage and maintain existing Cox Business application portfolio, (III) establish cross-functional and cross-market relationships to create and leverage next generation platforms & architecture, (IV) support adjacent Sales Force Automation, Customer Relationship and Order Management solutions, and (V) support Company roadmap to cross-leverage solutions to enable future multi-channel & multi-screen capabilities
2. Work directly with team of on-site and remote developers as well as indirect teams from diverse areas comprised of peers, managers, engineers, architects, quality assurance specialists and project managers to design, develop, maintain and enhance Cox Business applications and adjacent systems.
3. Develop positive customer relationships which make it possible to influence positive change and contribute to collaboration in defining and implementing IT solutions.
4. Provide operational consulting to customer departments in the use of systems to support effective business processes.
5. Work with the business to define innovative solutions, prioritize and manage IT projects.
6. Design, configure, implement, and maintains business application software, or purchased software package solutions, including the NetCracker TOMS solution, within IT standards.
7. Provide technical consulting to customers and other IT analysts.
8. Work with the software vendor to manage the relationship and ensure Coxs requirements are being addressed within the technical standards.
9. Identify, recommend and implement quality improvement opportunities.
10. Provide regular reporting & tracking of Cox Business application initiatives, results, status, actions, assumptions, issues and risks to Development Manager.
11. Designs, develops, tests, debugs, and integrates code for Web Applications and Web Services; may work on large, complex projects.
12. Defines technical scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
13. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
14. Completes all technical development tasks pertaining to applications per approved projects and allocated budgets.
15. Interfaces extensively with Architecture team to determine applicability of design alternatives; identifies and recommends cost effective options to meet user needs.
16. Interfaces as necessary with all critical integration points to insure that applications are integrating successfully and efficiently with all requested applications.
17. Adheres to all development policies, procedures and standards.
18. Provides detailed deployment documentation to the support group to insure preparedness to deploy new releases into the production environment within the SLA windows
1. 5+ years of experience required in related field (Sales Force Automation, Customer Relationship Management and Order Management) 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. MUST have previous experience working with order management in a COTS solution (Oracle, IBM, Amdocs, CSG, NetCracker or equivalent). NetCracker preferred.
3. 2+ years of hands on web development using JAVA, .Net or equivalent technologies
4. 2 + years of working knowledge of Object Oriented design patterns and best practices
6. Database technologies including: SQL, TSQL, PSQL and store procedure development
7. Strong application diagnostic and troubleshooting and skills
8. Strong business/technology relationship building skills required
9. Exposure to different delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Lean, Extreme, Agile, etc)
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly preferred (Business Administration, Computer Engineering).
2. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.