Senior Manager - Engagement & Support Product Business (43766) Atlanta, Georgia
The Quality Assurance Manager's role is to develop, establish, and enforce quality assurance standards and measures for the Enterprise QA organization. As part of the QA Engagement team he or she is responsible for engaging business stakeholders to collect and review all required artifacts for work requests coming into the enterprise testing team and establish test strategies, estimation and capacity planning models for the team. Overseeing and day-to-day management of QA Analysts, QA Leads, and QA vendor resources, this individual will direct analysis and development of QA artifacts in support of business and functional requirements, proposed projects, and use cases over the course of the software development test phases. He or she will manage all members of the quality assurance Engagement and Support team responsible for the Product Business and Residential line of Business.
1. Responsible for the development of test Strategies for all projects assign to the group, including all documentation of the approach and methods to be used in validating the functionality of our products and services
2. Use of standard testing estimation process throughout the SDLC. Maintain and track project actuals for comparison against estimates
3. Support requirement development sessions, review BRD documents, Functional Requirements, Design documentation, develop and maintain a Requirement traceability matrix
4. Apply established metrics to determine the readiness, quality, and operability of software, systems, networks and products due for release within the enterprise
5. Creates and manages appropriate systems and processes to deliver a quality internal and external customer experience through effective and continuous improvement and metrics
6. Coordinate testing of new projects to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications
7. Plan and conduct performance appraisals of QA staff, administer disciplinary action, raises, bonuses, and promotions when necessary
8. Become a recognized leader in test planning on major projects across multiple domains and business programs at Cox
9. Exercise appropriate latitude in overseeing multiple projects
10. Coordinate on- and off-shore resources and collaborate across internal departments on delivering solutions
11. Provide technical inspiration and leadership
12. Subject Matter Expert in Quality Assurance theory and implementation across several domains
13. Fully document, report and make recommendations regarding project status and test reports/test closure memos on complex projects
14. Able to understand and communicate complex business and technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences across departments
15. Coaches and develops people resources to maximize strengths and develop strong, collaborative partnerships within the Technology organization and across business functions. Advises and coaches team members on procedures, technical problems, priorities and standard methodology
1. 7+ years experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas OR Advanced degree and generally 5+ years experience in related field.
2. 5+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects
3. Requires strong knowledge of customer's business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the short- and long-term direction of the business and technology in the telecommunications field
4. Requires strong knowledge of Customer Experience, Customer Ops, Customer Care and Marketing/Sales delivery for telecommunications products deliver to Business and Residential customers specifically Network Services (Ethernet, IP-VPN, PL Carrier Access), Voice (CDT, Centrex, Digital Trunk, SIP Trunk, IP Centrex), Internet (COI, CBI) and Video (Cox Digital Video)
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (software engineering, computer science, Electrical Engineering or similar).
2. 3+ years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing
3. Direct, hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software
4. Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets and flow charts
5. Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
6. Prior experience working for an MSO.
7. Knowledge of Customer Care / Support / Service Management applications/ Technology driven projects
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.