Release Manager (43659) Atlanta, Georgia
Summary of Position:
Release Management is looking for a Release Manager to work within the Enterprise Release Management team. This person will be coordinating the efforts between technology stakeholders. This person will learn the current Business Requirements & Relationships (BRR), QA, Engineering, Application Development and Tech Ops practices and identify gaps, and create processes to bring it more in alignment with Release Management planning and scheduling strategies. This person will be responsible for integrating process flows to include changes that could impact the release schedule.
The day to day activities include but are not limited to identifying gaps and providing recommended solutions for incorporating BRR, QA, Engineering, Application Development and Tech Ops change processes into the comprehensive Release Management Guidelines. These guidelines will include release capacity assessments, release timelines and durations, content, and entrance/exit criteria for the Software Development Life Cycle. The process will reflect consideration of build management phases, vendor release schedules, End to End testing, change management, and software configuration management. Lastly, this person will be responsible for documenting improvements around Release Management and release scheduling practices. This person will help provide templates to help guide teams and individuals through the ERM process.
This candidate should have very strong analytical, communications, and written skills. The candidate is also expected to have very good relationship building skills. They must understand the SDLC deployment process (planning/App Dev/QA/staging etc.). The candidate should have demonstrated capability of understanding and implementing new technologies in a transforming environment and manage multiple deliverables. The candidate is expected to have a strong sense of ownership and should not hesitate in rolling up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
1. Ensure that the various component work requests of a particular release package meet customer needs and are brought together and released on time with high quality.
2. Plan, maintain and execute regularly scheduled cross functional team meetings/calls to monitor progress, document issues or initiate escalations for each release package.
3. Liaise with internal and external organizations regarding large-scale major releases
IT Systems Architect
IT or Engineering End to End Solutions Architect
Vendor Co-ordination efforts
4. Work with the Project Mangers to coordination functions for the Release
Ensuring that environment schedule is managed,
Ensuring that environment change tickets are opened,
Ensuring that Deployment Calls are scheduled for each environment Drop release documentation,
Ensure project and deployment compliance with Entry and Exit criteria
Escalate Issues that could impact the release or environments
5. Responsible for maintaining, analyzing and improving existing release policies and procedures with the goal of increasing organizational performance metrics, reducing costs and meeting deployment schedules.
6. Responsible for creating and maintaining a communications plan that encompasses the who, what, where, when, why of schedule or release package scope changes, risk to deployment timelines or release package status.
7. Responsible for documentation and execution of implementation and post implementation support plans
8. At higher levels will be responsible for increased volume of projects in addition to more complex releases that have additional environment interface points and downstream impact.
1. 7+ years of successful technical project or release management experience in a multiple product competitive industry. 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. 5+ years practical experience in release planning, packaging and scheduling in a software development environment.
3. 5+ years practical experience in managing cross functional release packages in a software development environment.
4. Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Viso.
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Business, Engineering, Computer Science).
2. 2+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
3. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
4. Prefer Project Management Certification
5. Graduate work in Information Systems preferred
6. Experience presenting to Executive leadership
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.