Senior Software Engineer (45085) Atlanta, Georgia
Provides expert level technical recommendations and design on current and future state applications addressing sales force automation, customer relationship management, order management and billing/rating and mediation on NetCracker Application Suite. May perform operational efficiency reviews and develop plans for improvements as necessary. Provide operational consulting to customer departments in the use of systems to support effective business processes.
1. Work directly with team of on-site and remote developers as well as indirect teams from diverse areas comprised of peers, managers, engineers, architects, quality assurance specialists and project managers to design, develop, maintain and enhance components of the NetCracker application suite including TOMS and ICOMS.
2. Develop detailed working knowledge of NetCrackers Application Suite and corresponding technical architecture, functional architecture and data architecture.
3. Work with the software vendor to manage the relationship and ensure Coxs requirements are being addressed within the technical standards.
4. Integrates rating and volume measurement tools with billing systems and peer ecosystem applications. Develops technical workflow for metered events within and among rating tools.
5. Develops utilities to monitor system transactions and performance.
6. Develops output file structures for use in reporting and interfaces.
7. Builds /modifies conversion programs. Converts and validates data.
8. Conducts extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of network elements and documents results.
9. Plans future platform enhancements and directions for access, metro, and national networks.
10. Provides detailed engineering support and consultation to field systems, design engineers, and implementation teams.
11. Conduct engineering economic, alternative, and feasibility evaluations
12. Develops technical specifications.
1. 7+ years of experience required in related field (Sales Force Automation, Customer Relationship Management, Order Management and Billing) 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. MUST have previous experience working with order management and Billing in a COTS solution (Oracle, IBM, Amdocs, CSG, NetCracker or equivalent).
3. 2 + years of working knowledge of Object Oriented design patterns and best practices
4. Strong working knowledge of JAVA and J2EE
5. Database technologies including: SQL, TSQL, PSQL and store procedure development
6. Strong business/technology relationship building skills required
7. Exposure to different delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Lean, Extreme, Agile, etc)
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Computer Science, Marketing, Business, etc.).
2. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
3. NetCracker strongly preferred.
4. Exposure to TM Forum Models desired.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.