Technical Project Manager II (42724) Atlanta, Georgia
Manages the development and implementation of projects/programs requiring technical experience &/or education (IT/Engineering) to meet business process initiatives, process improvement, product launches, other strategies and objectives. Analyzes existing project management methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other methods. Conducts risk assessments, facilitates communication across operational groups, and ensures compliance with the defined process and/or implementation. At operational level, can conduct technical process analysis ensuring the proper management and implementation of changes to the production environment.
1. Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers
2. Initiates, plans, executes, and controls project efforts that utilize technological solutions
3. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations
4. Develops and executes management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement and integration
5. Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks
6. Reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle
7. Identifies and gains allocation of project team resources; obtains business and information technology sponsor approvals; and coordinates the resources necessary to successfully complete the project
8. Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities; manages prioritization procedures
9. Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives; documents applying change control procedures;
10. Evaluates the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks results of the implementation;
11. Develops methods to measure customer satisfaction; obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results
12. Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status
13. Takes responsibility for changes to applications software and systems environments to ensure that changes to the environment have been properly analyzed and adequately coordinated and do not adversely impact the companys ability to meet published customer service level agreements;
14. Contributes to implementation success and technical system stability by using change methodologies that assure the reliability of business and operations information management systems;
15. Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support stable change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, validating production readiness, and communicating implementation status;
16. Reporting and communications typically occur with team and key stakeholders
17. Actions at this level can cause or prevent delays & cause inefficiencies of a team and may cause unnecessary expense affecting operational results
1. 3+ years of experience in related field (i.e., Development/coding, Project management, release management)
2. Candidate must have 5-10 years of project management experience.
3. Candidate must have telecommunications experience.
4. Candidate must have experience managing projects end-end.
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e., Computer Science, Business Management, Project Management)
2. It is preferred for the candidate to have their PMP.
3. It is preferred for the candidate to have High Speed Internet experience.
4. It is preferred for the candidate to be familiar with a matrix environment.
5. It is preferred for the candidate to have experience with both infrastructure and software development type projects.
6. It is preferred for the candidate to have experience managing large scale projects.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.