Portfolio Delivery Manager (43911) Atlanta, Georgia
As the Technology divisions take on multiple projects, the process for deciding which projects to execute, and when, becomes critical to whether the company meets its business objectives. The portfolio manager becomes a key role in facilitating project prioritization, translating IT investments into quantifiable business value and ensuring projects align with strategic business goals and project approval decision-making.
The Portfolio Delivery Manager is responsible for maintaining a strategic view of business objectives and how various projects fit within those objectives, and assisting with overall prioritization, decision making and providing recommendations to leadership. Additionally, the Portfolio Delivery Manager conducts risk assessments, facilitates communication across functional groups, and ensures compliance with the defined process.
1. Portfolio Gating: Manage assigned projects or segments of the portfolio through the Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM) process, assuring completion of required EPM deliverables and conducting EPM reviews.
2. Delivery Governance: Oversee projects in the Portfolio, assuring projects meet EPM and Technology project management standards and best-practices, including well-defined work plans, financial plans, staffing plans, health/status metrics, risk & issue tracking, etc. Help guide and mentor project managers in project management best-practices.
3. Risk & Issue Management: Proactively find, raise, and report on significant risks and issues for projects in the Portfolio. Follow-up with delivery managers & project managers via risk reviews, facilitating risk escalation as-necessary.
4. Prioritization & project pipeline: Manage and maintain the pipeline of project requests, ensuring completeness of requests and clear communications concerning the status of requests. Partner with Finance, functional managers & sub-portfolio sponsors, and senior management to prioritize project requests in the pipeline.
5. Financial Management: Partner with Finance to ensure diligent financial management of projects in the portfolio, and to help manage the overall portfolio budget. Ensure the budget change management process is followed & enforced for all projects in the portfolio.
6. Project dependencies: Develop & maintain a project dependency list, tracking dependencies between projects in the Portfolio. Raise risks as-necessary for violated dependencies.
7. Portfolio roadmap: Maintain portfolio roadmaps, and drive roadmap planning and review exercises. Facilitate portfolio reviews with Technology and Business stakeholders.
8. Portfolio reporting: Develop ad-hoc and standardized reporting on the portfolio, as well as leverage existing cross-portfolio reports, to keep a current, concise, and actionable view of the portfolio in front of senior management.
9. PPM Governance: Actively govern PPM data for assigned projects or segments of the portfolio, ensuring that project managers correctly maintain both project meta-data and planning data. Drive and develop reports, roadmaps & analyses from the PPM tool to ensure adherence to the single-source of truth for project data.
10. Provide for continuous improvement of IT portfolio management
11. Collaborate and coordinate communication between business partners and IT resource managers to manage the initiation and successful completion of projects
12. Plan and direct the activities of resources performing project and customer relationship management functions
13. Help to control IT project backlog by reducing the number of redundant and non-value add projects
1. 7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Telecommunication, Portfolio Management, Project/Program Management, etc.); 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. 7+ years of experience in project/program management and execution involving multiple major development projects. Must be extremely competent in all facets (both art and science) of project management, including knowledge of project scheduling best-practices; risk & issue management; project budgeting & financial management. Must not only know the PMBOK, but more importantly know how to apply the PMBOK.
3. Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project; HP PPM or similar enterprise project & portfolio management tool a plus
4. Excellent supervisory and management skills
5. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
6. Strong organization, presentation and customer service skills
7. Strong project management skills which include experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
8. Ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Project Management, Business, Computer Engineering, etc.).
2. PMP certification preferred
3. 3+ years of experience in a management role preferred
4. 3+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
5. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.