Senior Software Engineer (44732) Chamblee, Georgia
Provides expert level technical recommendations and design on current and future state applications for capturing revenue and incenting product consumption behavior. Performs evaluation testing on hardware and software components for new product offerings, network growth and/or segment-specific applications. Plans, designs, and tests complex voice, data, and/or video platforms including individual components and interoperability of multiple network elements. May perform operational efficiency reviews and develop plans for improvements as necessary. Advises and conducts strategic platform assessments on tools that measure incremental product / network usage.
1. Identifies solutions, designs, codes, and tests rating applications.
2. Integrates rating and volume measurement tools with billing systems and peer ecosystem applications. Develops technical workflow for metered events within and among rating tools.
3. Develops utilities to monitor system transactions and performance.
4. Develops output file structures for use in reporting and interfaces.
5. Builds /modifies conversion programs. Converts and validates data.
6. Conducts extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of network elements and documents results.
7. Formulates integrated voice, data, and/or video network architectures based upon demand, capacity, emerging network services, trends, and technologies.
8. Plans future platform enhancements and directions for access, metro, and national networks.
9. Provides detailed engineering support and consultation to field systems, design engineers, and implementation teams.
10. Serves as primary subject matter expert in the area of engineering specialty
11. Conduct engineering economic, alternative, and feasibility evaluations
12. Develops technical specifications.
13. Performs unit testing.
1. 5+ years of experience required in related field (i.e., Software Engineering, Solution or System Design, etc.); 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Requires strong knowledge of workflow, development tools, system integration, and data conversion.
3. Excellent listening skills, ability to interpret and translate requirements into design artifacts, as well as ability to collaborate with business and technical peers.
4. Understanding of relevant operating systems to include Linux, UNIX, or IBM midrange O/Ss.
5. Application development experience with RPG programing language and / or J2EE or a Java derivative.
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. computer science, engineering)
Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.