Lead Solution Architect; Enterprise Business Intelligence (45222) Atlanta, Georgia
The Solution Architect for Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) plays a key role in aligning Information Delivery Strategy with the corporate strategies of key departments within Cox. The Architect is responsible for ensuring that EBI delivery, business requirements and data architecture for the Enterprise Data Warehouse conforms to corporate objectives. The selected individual will collaborate with key stakeholders, executives, management and staff to ensure EBI requirements and data designs conform to the corporate strategies. The EBI Solution Architect takes a lead role in facilitating design meetings with key stakeholders including Enterprise Architects, Data Integration Architects, Information Delivery Architects, Developers, Analysts and key business personnel.
1. Provide technical leadership and define the EBI roadmap and path forward for key business areas
2. Define the BI solution technical architecture vision and ensure alignment with business goals
3. Ensure that any technical risks are clearly defined and understood by the Business, Project Management and IT leadership.
4. Develop the BI roadmap architecture deliverable (current state, future state, and supporting documentation with justification, benefits, pros/cons, etc. of the architecture and recommendations).
5. Document, communicate, and present the architecture and supporting recommendations.
6. Articulate changes to current environment that will be required as a result of the required business intelligence/analytics capabilities as defined within a given project.
7. Responsible for conducting technical and business interviews/workshops to:
a. Gain understanding of existing business systems and associated business processes
b. Document current state reviews of data sources, data flows, and technologies and how these fit within the current architecture
c. Develop and/or design the future state conceptual architecture and the technical requirements to support BI/Analytics requirements and capabilities as defined within a given project
8. Provide advice and guidance on data approaches and solutions as well as methodology as it pertains to updating and enhancing the existing BI architecture
9. Map BI/Analytics requirements to technology capabilities to enable them (systems, data, supporting technologies)
10. Participates with other functional groups in Atlanta and the field offices to develop, manage, track, and analyze tools, methods and procedures, processes, to gain maximum effectiveness, efficiencies, and a quality customer experience.
11. Ensures that the design and integration of customer solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of Business Intelligence technology Works closely with senior management of assigned business unit(s) in order to fully understand business priorities of that unit and the corporation as a whole.
1. 8+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. BI Solution Architect, Business Intelligence, Computer Science); 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Experience with functional analysis and architecture modeling methods, including business process modeling
3. Experience translating business and customer needs into logical system requirements and supporting models
4. Experience with OBIEE, Informatica, SAS, and Data Visualizations tools (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft)
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
1. Requires BS/BA in related discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Admin)
2. Communications industry is a plus.
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.