Senior Technical Project Manager - Cox Home Security (42596) Atlanta, Georgia
Manages the development and implementation of Cox Home Security (CHS) projects/programs requiring technical experience &/or education (IT/Engineering) to meet business process initiatives, process improvement, product launches, other strategies and objectives. Primary contact for the business and technical teams regarding enhancement and extension of the CHS platform. Develops a comprehensive working knowledge of the CHS product and make substantive contributions to the overall product roadmap through interactions with the business and technology teams. Works closely with the CHS business executive leadership and the technology business analysis group to develop, schedule, and deliver the CHS product roadmap. Analyzes existing project management methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other methods. Conducts risk assessments, facilitates communication across operational groups, and ensures compliance with the defined process and/or implementation. At operational level, can conduct technical process analysis ensuring the proper management and implementation of changes to the production environment.
1. Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers
2. Fully understands the CHS product and works closely with the business, analysis, development, engineering, and operations teams to develop, implement, and deploy the CHS roadmap
3. Initiates, plans, executes, and controls CHS project efforts that utilize technological solutions
4. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations
5. Develops and executes management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement and integration
6. Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks
7. Reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle
8. Identifies and gains allocation of project team resources; obtains business and information technology sponsor approvals; and coordinates the resources necessary to successfully complete the project
9. Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities; manages prioritization procedures
10. Sets and manages client expectations, managing and escalating issues and changes
11. Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives; documents applying change control procedures;
12. Evaluates the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks results of the implementation;
13. Develops methods to measure customer satisfaction; obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results
1. 10+ years of experience required in related field Technology delivery, Project management; 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft suite, including MS Project
3. Excellent organization, interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred Management/ Technology Management.
2. 2+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
3. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
4. Experience in home security / business surveillance optional
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.