Senior Product Manager (PCK663-577) Columbia, Maryland
Sourcefire is seeking a passionate, highly collaborative leader with strong domain knowledge in networking appliances and network security.
As a member of the Marketing team in the Product Manager role, you will:
- Lead product management for the Sourcefire Appliances (NGIPS | NGFW) and SSL Appliance lines.
- Define and track business objectives and continuously monitor current market trends and customer needs, including working with Business Development to evaluate new MSSP opportunities.
- Work with program/project mangers and/or cross-functional team leads to continuously monitor global product availabilities, coordinate appliance platform transitions, mange End of Sale, End of Life communications, and new product introductions.
- Organize market research questions and prioritize key technologies of interest to focus innovation discussions and seed marketing thought leadership.
- Communicate the products and product strategy both internally and externally; participating in tradeshows, seminars and user conferences.
- Present product performance and progress against goals in quarterly business and product line reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or Information Technology or equivalent work experience required.
- Field experience working with customers and prospects in one more of the following capacities: Business Development, Project Management, Technical Sales, Competitive analysis
- A customer centric background with an ability to clearly articulate customer challenges. Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills required
- An ability to work comfortably with Engineers and Sales with a proven business approach to solving technical challenges Ability to travel domestically and abroad