Electronic Technician (32436) Buckhannon, West Virginia
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
• Perform basic soldering and wiring termination techniques.
• Build, repair, and maintain instrumentation and communication cables utilized on the fracturing equipment.
• Read and understand electrical drawings and schematics, explain the connection symbols, and identify connections, components and terminal points.
• Understand the basic function, connection and communication capability of all equipment utilized in the fracturing process.
• Perform basic maintenance of computer systems including software and hardware updates.
• Complete basic preventive maintenance and visual inspections using authorized procedures, standardized forms, and reporting media.
• Maintain daily work logs, paperwork requirements, and work orders as required.
• Travel to job locations and preform emergency repairs on electronics and instrumentation.
• Install and configure electronic equipment, instrumentation and software.
• Communicate details and directions in a clear and coherent manner.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of Ohm’s law
• Problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of electronic test equipment and tools.
• Navigate Windows XP and 7.
• Basic operation of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, IE and Outlook.
• Ability to read equipment prints and schematics to perform competent troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of computer networking and servers.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 0-2 years of experience in maintenance and repair of instrumentation, such as: flowmeters, transducers, densitometers and controllers.
• Work flexible schedule, including long and/or irregular hours.
• Must have a telephone and the ability to be on 24 hour call.
• Associates degree in electronic discipline or equivalent related experience.
• Computer networking or related training or degree.
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Satisfactory driving records as defined in Driver Qualification Policy HRD-12.
• Required to attend jobs at customer locations.